Section 4731.17 | Issuance of license.
(A) The state medical board shall review all applications received under section 4731.19 of the Revised Code. The board shall determine whether an applicant meets the requirements for a license to practice the limited branch of medicine of massage therapy.
(B) If the board determines that the applicant meets the requirements for a license and that the documentation required for a license is acceptable, the board shall issue to the applicant the license to practice. Each license shall be signed by the president and secretary of the board and attested by its seal.
(C) A license to practice a limited branch of medicine shall authorize the holder to practice the limited branch of medicine for which the license was issued. No person who holds a license to practice a limited branch of medicine issued by the board shall do any of the following:
(1) Practice a limited branch of medicine other than the limited branch of medicine for which the license was issued;
(2) Treat infectious, contagious, or venereal diseases;
(3) Prescribe or administer drugs;
(4) Perform surgery or practice medicine in any other form.
Last updated March 22, 2023 at 12:23 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- January 1, 2012 – House Bill 153 - 129th General Assembly [ View January 1, 2012 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- April 6, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 509 - 134th General Assembly [ View April 6, 2023 Version ]