Section 4731.19 | License to practice a limited branch of medicine.
(A) A person seeking a license to practice a limited branch of medicine shall file with the state medical board an application in a manner prescribed by the board. The application shall include or be accompanied by all of the following:
(1) Evidence that the applicant is at least eighteen years of age and of good moral character;
(2) Evidence that the applicant has attained high school graduation or its equivalent;
(3) Evidence that the applicant holds one of the following:
(a) A diploma or certificate from a school, college, or institution in good standing as determined by the board, showing the completion of the following required courses of instruction:
(i) Two hundred seventy-five hours in anatomy and physiology and pathology;
(ii) Two hundred seventy-five hours in massage theory and practical, including hygiene;
(iii) Twenty-five hours in ethics;
(iv) Twenty-five hours in business and law.
(b) A diploma or certificate from a school, college, or institution in another state or jurisdiction showing completion of a course of instruction that meets the requirements of division (A)(3)(a) of this section and any other course requirements determined by the board through rules adopted under section 4731.05 of the Revised Code;
(c) During the five-year period immediately preceding the date of application, a current license, registration, or certificate in good standing in another state for massage therapy.
(4) Evidence that the applicant has successfully passed an examination, prescribed in rules described in section 4731.16 of the Revised Code, to determine competency to practice the applicable limited branch of medicine;
(5) An attestation that the information submitted under this section is accurate and truthful and that the applicant consents to release of information;
(6) Any other information the board requires.
(B) An applicant for a license to practice a limited branch of medicine shall comply with the requirements of section 4731.171 of the Revised Code.
(C) At the time of making application for a license to practice a limited branch of medicine, the applicant shall pay to the board a fee of one hundred fifty dollars, no part of which shall be returned. No application shall be considered filed until the board receives the appropriate fee.
(D) The board may investigate the application materials received under this section and contact any agency or organization for recommendations or other information about the applicant.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 6, 2012 – House Bill 292, 129th General Assembly [ View September 6, 2012 Version ]
- September 28, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 111, 132nd General Assembly [ View September 28, 2018 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- April 12, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 442, 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]
- October 9, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 263, House Bill 442, 133rd General Assembly [ View October 9, 2021 Version ]