Section 4731.911 | Physician responsibilities in a non-hospital setting.
(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Ambulatory surgical facility" has the same meaning as in section 3702.30 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Hospital" means a hospital registered with the department of health under section 3701.07 of the Revised Code.
(B) A physician who performs or attempts an abortion in an ambulatory surgical facility or other location that is not a hospital and in which a child is born alive shall immediately take the following steps upon the child's birth:
(1) Provide post-birth care to the newborn in accordance with prevailing and acceptable standards of care;
(2) Call for assistance from an emergency medical services provider;
(3) Arrange for the transfer of the newborn to a hospital.
Last updated January 13, 2022 at 5:35 PM
Available Versions of this Section
- March 23, 2022 – Enacted by Senate Bill 157 - 134th General Assembly [ View March 23, 2022 Version ]