Section 4752.05 | License requirements.
(A) The Ohio respiratory care board shall issue a license to provide home medical equipment services to each applicant under section 4752.04 of the Revised Code that meets either of the following requirements:
(1) Meets the standards established by the board in rules adopted under section 4752.17 of the Revised Code;
(2) Is a pharmacy licensed under Chapter 4729. of the Revised Code that receives total payments of ten thousand dollars or more per year from selling or renting home medical equipment.
(B) During the period ending one year after September 16, 2004, an applicant that does not meet either of the requirements of division (A) of this section shall be granted a provisional license if for at least twelve months prior to September 16, 2004 the applicant was engaged in the business of providing home medical equipment services. The provisional license expires one year following the date on which it is issued and is not subject to renewal under section 4752.06 of the Revised Code.
(C) The board may conduct a personal interview of an applicant, or an applicant's representative, to determine the applicant's qualifications for licensure.
(D) A license issued under division (A) of this section expires at the end of the licensing period for which it is issued and may be renewed in accordance with section 4752.06 of the Revised Code. For purposes of issuing and renewing licenses, the board shall use a biennial licensing period that begins on the first day of July of each even-numbered year and ends on the thirtieth day of June of the next succeeding even-numbered year.
(E) Any license issued under this section is valid only for the facility named in the application.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 23, 2008 – House Bill 562 - 127th General Assembly [ View September 23, 2008 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]
- December 29, 2023 – Amended by Senate Bill 131 - 134th General Assembly [ View December 29, 2023 Version ]