Section 4761.04 | Qualifications for license.
(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, no person is eligible for licensure as a respiratory care professional unless the person has shown, to the satisfaction of the Ohio respiratory care board, all of the following:
(1) That the person is of good moral character;
(2) That the person has successfully completed the requirements of an educational program approved by the board that includes instruction in the biological and physical sciences, pharmacology, respiratory care theory, procedures, and clinical practice, and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation techniques;
(3) That the person has passed an examination administered by the board that tests the applicant's knowledge of the basic and clinical sciences relating to respiratory care theory and practice, professional skills and judgment in the utilization of respiratory care techniques, and such other subjects as the board considers useful in determining fitness to practice.
(B) The board may waive the requirements of division (A) of this section with respect to any applicant who presents proof of current licensure in another state whose standards for licensure are at least equal to those in effect in this state on the date of application. The board may waive the requirements of divisions (A)(2) and (3) of this section with respect to any applicant who presents proof of having successfully completed any examination recognized by the board as meeting the requirements of division (A)(3) of this section.
Available Versions of this Section
- October 27, 2000 – House Bill 505 - 123rd General Assembly [ View October 27, 2000 Version ]
- January 21, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 49 - 132nd General Assembly [ View January 21, 2018 Version ]
- February 8, 2018 – Amended by House Bill 145 - 132nd General Assembly [ View February 8, 2018 Version ]
- October 9, 2021 – Amended by House Bill 263 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 9, 2021 Version ]