Section 5726.98 | Calculating tax due.
(A) To provide a uniform procedure for calculating the amount of tax due under section 5726.02 of the Revised Code, a taxpayer shall claim any credits to which the taxpayer is entitled under this chapter in the following order:
(1) The nonrefundable job retention credit under division (B) of section 5726.50 of the Revised Code;
(2) The nonrefundable credit for purchases of qualified low-income community investments under section 5726.54 of the Revised Code;
(3) The nonrefundable credit for qualified research expenses under section 5726.56 of the Revised Code;
(4) The nonrefundable credit for qualifying dealer in intangibles taxes under section 5726.57 of the Revised Code;
(5) The refundable credit for rehabilitating an historic building under section 5726.52 of the Revised Code;
(6) The refundable job retention or job creation credit under division (A) of section 5726.50 of the Revised Code;
(8) The refundable motion picture production credit under section 5726.55 of the Revised Code.
(B) For any credit except the refundable credits enumerated in this section, the amount of the credit for a taxable year shall not exceed the tax due after allowing for any other credit that precedes it in the order required under this section. Any excess amount of a particular credit may be carried forward if authorized under the section creating that credit. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to allow a taxpayer to claim, directly or indirectly, a credit more than once for a taxable year.
Available Versions of this Section
- March 27, 2013 – House Bill 510 - 129th General Assembly [ View March 27, 2013 Version ]
- December 22, 2015 – House Bill 340 - 131st General Assembly [ View December 22, 2015 Version ]
- October 17, 2019 – Amended by House Bill 166 - 133rd General Assembly [ View October 17, 2019 Version ]
- March 27, 2020 – Amended by House Bill 197 - 133rd General Assembly [ View March 27, 2020 Version ]