Section 742.045 | Adoption of election rules - certification of nominating petitions and election results.
(A) The board of trustees of the Ohio police and fire pension fund, after consultation with the secretary of state, shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, governing all of the following:
(1) The administration of elections of members of the board of trustees under section 742.04 of the Revised Code and elections held under section 742.05 of the Revised Code to fill vacancies on the board of trustees;
(2) Nominating petitions for the elections;
(3) Certification of the validity of nominating petitions for the elections;
(4) Certification of the results of the elections.
(B) The board may contract with the secretary of state or an independent firm to administer the elections, certify the validity of nominating petitions, and certify the results of the elections. The secretary of state and the independent firm shall perform these services in accordance with the rules adopted under division (A) of this section. Notwithstanding section 742.41 of the Revised Code, the board shall provide information necessary for the secretary of state or the independent firm to certify the election. If the board contracts with an independent firm to administer an election, the secretary of state may audit the election.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 15, 2004 – Senate Bill 133, 125th General Assembly [ View September 15, 2004 Version ]