Section 959.07 | Reporting of violation involving a companion animal by licensed professionals.
(1) "Companion animal" has the same meaning as in section 959.131 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Licensed veterinarian" has the same meaning as in section 4741.01 of the Revised Code.
(3) "Protective services" has the same meaning as in section 5101.60 of the Revised Code.
(4) "Officer" has the same meaning as in section 959.132 of the Revised Code.
(5) "Social service professional" means an employee or agent of a public children services agency or an employee or agent of a county department of job and family services with responsibility for protective services.
(6) "Older adult" means any person sixty years of age or older within this state who is handicapped by the infirmities of aging or who has a physical or mental impairment which prevents the person from providing for the person's own care or protection, and who resides in an independent living arrangement.
(B)(1) No person listed in division (B)(2) of this section shall fail to immediately report a violation involving a companion animal to an officer who is not a dog warden or deputy dog warden when that person has knowledge or reasonable cause to suspect that such a violation has occurred or is occurring.
(2) Division (B)(1) of this section applies to all of the following operating in an official or professional capacity:
(a) A licensed veterinarian;
(b) A social service professional;
(c) A person licensed under Chapter 4757. of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- April 12, 2021 – Enacted by House Bill 33, 133rd General Assembly [ View April 12, 2021 Version ]