Section 4729.29 | Exemptions.
(A) Apply to a licensed health professional authorized to prescribe drugs who is acting within the prescriber's scope of professional practice;
(B) Prevent a prescriber from personally furnishing the prescriber's patients with drugs, within the prescriber's scope of professional practice, that seem proper to the prescriber, as long as the drugs are furnished in accordance with section 4729.291 of the Revised Code;
(C) Apply to an individual who personally furnishes a supply of overdose reversal drugs under the authority conferred by section 3715.50 of the Revised Code or prevent an individual from personally furnishing a supply of overdose reversal drugs in accordance with a protocol established under section 3715.503 of the Revised Code;
(D) Apply to the sale of oxygen, the sale of peritoneal dialysis solutions, or the sale of drugs that are not dangerous drugs by a retail dealer, in original packages when labeled as required by the "Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act," 52 Stat. 1040 (1938), 21 U.S.C.A. 301, as amended.
Last updated January 24, 2023 at 9:33 AM
Available Versions of this Section
- May 20, 2011 – House Bill 93 - 129th General Assembly [ View May 20, 2011 Version ]
- July 16, 2015 – Amended by House Bill 4 - 131st General Assembly [ View July 16, 2015 Version ]
- December 16, 2020 – Amended by House Bill 341 - 133rd General Assembly [ View December 16, 2020 Version ]
- September 23, 2022 – Amended by House Bill 193 - 134th General Assembly [ View September 23, 2022 Version ]
- April 6, 2023 – Amended by House Bill 558 - 134th General Assembly [ View April 6, 2023 Version ]